JWIL is a holistic water management company in India. The project involved a water treatment plant with a capacity 59MLD, 2422KM pipeline and 180 overhead tanks for providing 1,02,370 house service connections in an area that covers 424 villages.
What were the Challenges?
- The project was geographically dispersed with many sub-contractors and delays in execution
- Since the area of the project was very large it was difficult for senior management personnel to monitor the progress at every location
- Daily progress reports were managed on Microsoft Excel resulting in excess resource utilization and duplication of work
- There wasn’t any visibility of real-time progress because reports were delayed due to manual processes
How we resolved the challenges?
- Using PACE OS, the workflows were streamlined and processes were made efficient by turning them digital
- Mobile App provided near real-time visibility to on-site execution
- PACE helped the top management get a glimpse of real time project information on geo map enabling faster decision making
- PACE provided a 360-degree view through digital control tower with real-time KPIs that gave the real-time project report directly from the site as soon as the information was uploaded
- The data was filtered on daily, weekly and monthly basis thus saving resources for manually creating reports
What was the impact?
- Enabled fully digital onsite visibility & GIS tracking & subcontractor management
- Ensured on-time delivery of milestones and project
- Provided real-time progress reports
- Enabled 360-degree visibility of the project